Northern Lights Small Group Tour from Reykjavik
For many, the possibility of seeing the northern lights is the reason for a visit to Iceland during the winter. The season, with its pure and crisp air, offers some of the best conditions for seeing stars and frequent sightings of the Northern lights.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colours across the Icelandic Arctic sky. See if you can spot them for yourself on a 3-hour evening Minibus tour from Reykjavik.
The Northern lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun’s solar energy with the upper atmosphere of the earth near the area of the North Pole. This reaction creates this wonderful light effect, known as the Aurora Borealis.
The locations visited differ from day-to-day, but you will head in the direction with the most chance of seeing Mother Nature at work. As the tour is weather dependent seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, unpredictable we cannot guarantee how much you will see on the night you going for the hunt.
- Transport by Minibus small-group Tour max 19 passengers
- A lot of FUN
- English Audio and live Guide
- Free WI-FI Log on and enjoy free browsing
- Round Trip Excursion
- 3-hour tour searching for the Northern Lights
- Please be ready to leave at the start of the pickup Location, 30 minutes before departure
- Pickup is offered at all Reykjavik hotels, hostels and guesthouses, private homes or Airbnb accommodation but you might have to make your way to the closest pickup location. Your hotel reception will help you find it or, if staying in a private accommodation, please visit the bus stop website at http://www.busstop.is
- Warm Clothes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We send email notification about pick up time and location 6 to 24 hours before the tour begins. Please kindly check your email when you are in Iceland.
- Please check your emails for any updates up to 1 hour before the tour start
- Minimum age is 5 years, children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress very warm for the weather, it is Iceland very cold nights
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or no show
- We are picking up more passengers, please be at your pickup location on time, the pickup can last up 45 minutes
- Seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, unpredictable. We cannot guarantee how much you will see on the night you go.
- We do not offer refunds for customers that have joined the tour.
- Tour may be cancelled up to 1 hour before the tour starts due to unfavourable weather conditions, please check your email by then
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Bring you Tripod with you so you can catch beautiful pictures
- Remember to dress warmly, 2 layers if is possible